02 February 2009

The Worst Is Over

So, my job was eliminated. I'll miss the place it was, my office for two and a half out of the last three years, and I'll miss the people a lot more. I'll be able to stay in touch with many of them, which helps. And I have a couple of leads on new work, so I'm really OK.

Wish I could do more to help all the others being laid off today. I was number two or three, so I didn't get to hang out and find out what happened to everyone else. I have an awful feeling my department is in for it. Very sad.

Like I said, I'll miss the folks, but I'm ready to move on to a new challenge.

I'll be looking for work in Columbia, Md., part or full time. My background is in writing and editing but I have many related skills. I'm also available for freelance writing and editing gigs. You know where to reach me.

I hope everyone else is having a better day. It sure is beautiful outside! I stopped at the library on the way home for a book about making better presentations (you can post a slide presentation along with a resume in some spots now, so I figured why not?), but I think I'll take a little walk before settling down to more work! The ick in the kitchen can wait.

Best, jw

No comments: